© 2018 by Julia Polkinghorne

Frequently Asked Questions

What do you charge?

Short Answer:

Average cost between $400 and $800

No two people are the same, and so no two ceremonies are the same.  This is why I quote each ceremony on its individual needs.  This allows for maximum customisation for each ceremony, as well as ensuring that couples only pay for the services that they actually need.  I have a variety of customisable packages that suit most budgets.

For a quote, please contact me.

Why are celebrants so expensive?

Short Answer:

Hours and hours of work!

You may see a celebrant stand up before everyone and perform a ceremony for around half and hour and think "Wow! They earn good money for half an hour's work!"  In reality, what you have not seen, is the many hours of training and preparation that go into a ceremony. 


While all celebrants are different, I personally spend between 15-20 hours just in preparing each ceremony to ensure a professional and personalised service, in addition to the many hours spent training and improving my skills required to acheive such high quality ceremonies.

If you are interested to see how celebrants arrive at their fees and charges, one of the best explainations I have seen to explain how celebrants arrive at their costs can be read here.

Do you have a PA system?

Short Answer:


I have a PA system available for all ceremonies.  It is fully portable (no need for power), has a variety of different microphone options and is able to play ceremony music via bluetooth or aux cable. 

Do you provide a signing table for weddings?

Short Answer:

Signing table is available.

I am able to provide a simple signing table and two chairs, decorated in your wedding colours.  Depending on your ceremony package, there may be an additional fee associated with hiring my signing table.  It always pays to check with your venue to see whether one is included in their package too.

Do I need to organise a marriage license?

Short Answer:


In Australia, there is no need to apply for a marriage license from a court or registry office.  Instead, you need to complete a Notice of Intended Marriage and lodge it with an authorised marriage celebrant.  

All of my wedding packages include completion and lodgement of the Notice of Intended Marriage as part of the set fee.  Part of the process is providing ID documents, however I can advise you on exactly what you need to provide to make the process as easy as possible for you.